Truck Driver Training Brisbane
Global Driver Training provides high quality, comprehensive professional truck driver training to thousands of students. We believe you learn to drive by driving, not watching. At Global Truck Driver Training the focus is on you. We value our students, their safety and their training. We does not compromise this to save money by training several students in a truck. Your training is too important to us.
Observation time simply means that students sit in the truck and watch each other drive. Trucking schools often do this to cut their own costs and artificially inflate the total hours of behind the wheel training most of which is not student driving. We believes observation time offers minimal instructional value.
Truck Driver Training Information
Courses for all truck driver training or heavy vehicle categories are tailored to suit the customers needs and time frames. We can prepare students for competent, safe and efficient operation of a truck so they can obtain a heavy vehicle licence. Our truck driver training in Brisbane are run by a team of patient and experienced trainers.
All courses are conducted from our location or off-site depending on the needs of the client.
The areas covered in our On-Road truck driver training are:
- Gear changing: up and down.
- Lanes – keeping trucks on curves, turns and travelling straight.
- Turning signal application and cancellation when turning, merging and lane changing.
- Smooth brake application and correct braking distance.
- Distance judgement when giving way.
- Positioning when turning.
- Control and maintaining vehicle speed.
- Use of mirrors to observe following traffic.
- Use of mirrors during a turn.
- Use of mirrors before changing lanes.
- Looking for all other traffic before entering intersections.
- Defensive driving: Identify unexpected traffic or road situations and react appropriately.
The areas covered in our Off-Road truck driver training are:
- Reversing safely with skill.
- Offset Reverse.
- 70m Straight Reverse.
- Load Restraint.
- Cabin Drill.
- Pre-operational Checks.
- Incline start.
- Curb side entry and exit.
For customers who cannot afford the time off or the upfront costs of all scheduled courses, Global Driver Training offers competency based training on an individual basis. Courses are run from Monday to Saturday. Please check with our office for availability and start times on (07) 3423 3395 or 0478 163 800.